Fiesta Mexican Lasagna
Cubes of chicken are combined with canned soup, sour cream & green chilies, and layered with cheese, black beans, & corn tortillas.
• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• Cooking oil
• 2, 10 3/4 cans cream of chicken soup
• 3 tablespoon sour cream
• 1 small can of mild green chilies
• 12 corn tortillas
• 5-6 cups of shredded Colby-Jack cheese
• 1, 14 oz. can of black beans, rinsed & drained
• 1 14 oz can olives, drained & chopped
• 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
Cook chicken breasts in a small amount of oil until no longer pink. Drain and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside. In a bowl combine the 2 cans of chicken soup, the sour cream and chilies. Spread a thin layer of this mixture over bottom of a 13x9x2" baking dish. Stir chicken into remaining soup mixture. In the baking dish layer some of the tortillas, some chicken mixture, some cheese, and some beans. Repeat layers, ending with chicken. Cover loosely with foil and bake in 350 F oven about 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle olives and red peppers slices to garnish.
This is a great family-friendly meal. Serve with a crisp salad, tortilla chips and big glasses of ice tea. Remember you can omit the chilies, or add a little taco seasoning. Get the kids in the kitchen to help. Have fun with it.
Number of servings: 6 servings