ProWrestling.net is reporting that TNA plans to make a major announcement this Monday during a press conference at The Impact Zone at 2:30pm EST. Although it has not been confirmed what TNA will be announcing, it might be that the company plans to move Impact to Monday nights as early as March 1st. Hulk Hogan and Dixie Carter will be making the announcement.
What's up wrestling fans? With news that have decided to pack their bags and head for Orlando, having Wrestling, I thought now might be a good time to compile a list of the top 10 highlights in the career of the legendary Hulk Hogan. While Hogan is arguably the biggest name to ever come out of the pro wrestling industry, and his career highlights have been numerous, I feel this list features the top 10 moments in his career that have defined him as a wrestler and have made him who he is (in the ring) today.
With that said, let's take a look at number 10....
10. Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant at Shea Stadium in 1980
9. Hulkamania is Born: Hogan vs The Iron Sheik
On January 23rd, 1984, Hulk Hogan defeated The Iron Sheik to win his first WWF Championship. Following the match, commentator Gorilla Monsoon announced that "Hulkamania is here!" This lead to Hulk referring to his fans as "Hulkamaniacs" and Hulkamania was officially born.
8. Hulk Hogan Stars as "Thunderlips" in Rocky 3
In 1982, Hulk Hogan was featured in the third installment of the "Rocky" series when he played Thunderlips in Rocky III. The film not only was a success in itself, but it introduced Hogan to a more mainstream audience outside of the pro wrestling world and helped him become the household name that he is today.
7. Hulk Hogan Appears in the Main Event of The First Wrestlemania
Hulk Hogan made history when he main evented the first WWF Wrestlemania event. It was held on March 31, 1985 at Madison Square Garden in NYC. The main event was a tag-team match between the WWF Champion Hulk Hogan and Mr. T, accompanied Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka against the team of Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff, who were accompanied by Cowboy Bob Orton. The financial and critical success of the event secured WWF as the most successful promotion in the US, rising above competitors such as the NWA and the AWA.
6. Hulk Hogan Forms The Mega Powers With Macho Man Randy Savage
In 1989, Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage joined forces to create a short lived, yet high profile tag team known as The Mega Powers. The two headlined the main event of the first ever WWF SummerSlam where they defeated Ted DiBiase and Andre The Giant who were known as The Mega Bucks.
5. Hulk Hogan Wins His First WCW Heavyweight Championship
After joining World Championship Wrestling in 1994, Hogan won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship for the first time in his debut match with the company, defeating Ric Flair in a 'dream' match at WCW's Bash at the Beach PPV.
4. Hulk Hogan vs The Rock at Wrestlemania 18
At WrestleMania 18, the world of old and the world of new officially went to battle when Hulk Hogan wrestled The Rock in one of the most legendary "dream matches" of the modern wrestling era. Hogan, wrestling as Hollywood Hogan, was defeated by The Rock, however the reaction of the crowd towards Hogan almost instantly turned Hogan face.
3. Hulk Hogan vs The Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 6
On April 1st, 1990, then WWF Champion Hulk Hogan wrestled then WWF Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 6, which was the first Wrestlemania event ever to be held outside of The United States. The match, which saw The Ultimate Warrior pin Hogan to become both Intercontinental and Heavyweight Champion, is regarded as one of the best main events in the history of WrestleMania.
2. Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania 3: The Slam Heard 'Round The World
In what some might consider to be the number one moment in the career of Hulk Hogan, I have selected it as my number 2 choice, Hulk Hogan wrestled Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania 3 and delivered what is commonly referred to today as the most memorable body slam in the history of pro
Before I reveal my number one pick, let's take a look at some honorable mentions in the career of Hulk Hogan:
1. Hogan vs Sting at WCW's Starrcade.
2. Hogan becomes the first International wrestling Grand Prix (IWGP) tournament winner in New Japan Pro Wrestling, defeating Japanese wrestling icon Antonio Inoki.
3. Hogan wins his first pro wrestling championship, the NWA Southeast Championship, when he defeats Ox Baker.
4. Hulk Hogan and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake vs Zeus and The Macho Man Randy Savage at SummerSlam in 1989.
And now, my pick as the number one moment in the career of Hulk Hogan is....
1. Hulk Hogan is Revealed as The Third Man