NOTE: If you were redirected here from my SB or PM, please read the whole thing. If after doing so you have a smart retort to SB or PM my way, then you've missed the point and you may be bounced from fubar briefly as a form of "free bar etiquette correction".
I work on a ton of things here:
1) Programming (features/bug fixes) -- more specifically: fuMafia, lounges, forums, new levels, etc, etc, etc... Pretty much any new feature or one that needs tweaking I'll have some involvement with.
2) Abuse/Spam Prevention
3) A bunch of other things
4) Documenting and dealing with chronic TOS violators
What I don't do:
1) Handle support questions or ANY direct inquiries for ANY of the above in response to direct shouts or PMs.
Because, my attention is focused *after* a due process which escalates the highest priority items to my attention. Also I monitor a number of aggregate sources to find and correct things that are going on with fubar.
Here's a dialog that I've had a hundred times in the last five years:
You: "Can you help me with ____________" (putting it nicely, removing expletives)
Me: Sorry I don't do support. You can try options A/B/C or D to try and get this solved.
You: I already did that [insert optional rude comment about how things are run].
Things go down-hill from there... because you're in the wrong department if you're inquiring with me directly.
So in order to spare myself of the monotony of this conversation after five years of having it, I'm making this blog to link people when they SB/PM me. For those legitimately looking for a way to solve their problem, on the chance you have not tried to get help elsewhere try:
1) The Support Lounge -- http://fubar.com/l/support
2) PM to fubar Support, wait 72hrs. If a week goes by remind them again -- http://fubar.com/privmsg.php?u=60228
3) Send an email to email@example.com, include your user id #, a *brief* *articulate* explanation of what's going on. Do not sound entitled or hostile for best results.
4) Read the fubar bible -- http://fubar.com/bible.php
5) Contact a bouncer directly -- http://fubar.com/help.php
6) If those do not work -- Sorry, but not my department.