Reading through all the tagged blogs I was struck by how many of the things I indentified with. I am not sure if that means that I have populated my fu-friends with people like minded to me (Yay!) or all people are boringly alike (not so yay)
For my list I am stealing some of your comments that resonated the most with me.
1. If my socks and shoes are both near me, I will put on sock, shoe, sock, shoe. Otherwise it's sock, sock, shoe, shoe.
2. I didn't read any books for years. I just started reading again and I wonder why I ever stopped. EDIT. I don't have as good as excuse for this as the person I stole it from and I didn't completely stop. However I did go from being an avid reader for most of my life to rarely reading for a long time. I am back to reading much more again.
3. I really cannot remember names and dates.
4. I refuse to go to chain restaurants while on vacation. This is something that my parents taught me that has stuck. EDIT Not so much learned from my parents but it is a good rule.
5. I like the smell of my dog's paws but I don't like to get my face near them.
6. I'm not one of those people who have no regrets. I have more than a few. EDIT. I regret how I acted more than specific things that I have done. I can't say that I would for certain change any of the decisions that I have made but there are situations that I wish I could have the chance to be a better person in.
7. Kids and dogs love me... even if the don't know me... EDIT. I am truely a 2 year old at heart. I think children recognize this and stare at wonder at the biggest 2 yo they have ever seen. As for the dogs my shoes probably smell like dog pee.
8. I don't understand how anyone can be afraid of spiders. I think they are beautiful and amazing. EDIT. Until I walk into a spider's web in the pitch dark while walking my dog. Then they are bloodthirsty killers about to suck my brain out.
9. I believe that there is good in all people but sometimes you have to search to find it. EDIT. I think there might be some people with so little good that it isn't worth the search to find it.
10. I am always afraid I will forget to pay some important bill and ruin my credit. That's replaced my "I forgot to do my homework and have to repeat 7th grade" nightmare. EDIT. Then I show up at the bank to explain the mistake naked.
since i cheated and copied your answers.
11. I hope that if I ever have the good fortune to run into any of you in person you leave thinking "that is exactly how i expected him to be" unless I get drunk and make a fool of myself but in truth that is to be expected of me at times too.