Before I pass on a few fire safety tips let me start by saying that I am the Fire Prevention Officer at a 60mil doller facillity. I only mention this so that you can get an even bigger kick from the inferrences you will surely create.
1. Check your fire exstinguishers regularly..if a member of your household uses one and does not inform you..this could have tragic results when it is needed.
2. Ensure you have enough garden hose to reach any space in your house that may possibly need extinguishing.
3. Keep all drop ceiling tiles in good repair and in place..these are crucial fire safety items when there is a void between floors that contain highly flamable items such as insulation..plastic/flexy piping..ect.
4. Check/clean your dryer venting duct on a regular basis..ensure that there are no obstructions or excessive lint build-up..this is crucial in households where 40-50 loads of laundry are done a week. (No exageration)
5. Always use hard metal pipe for venting whenever possible..the flexy stuff burns like det cord.
6. Keep extra food and beverages on hand in case you are visited by 11 emergency vehicles and their crews.
7. And last but not least..and not the least bit funny..if your gonna have a fire..have it at someone elses house..you're girlfriends for an example.
LOVE YA BOO