"CORNED BEEF & CABBAGE WITH VEGETABLES"
Here are the ingredients you will need:
2 & 1/2 pounds medium new potatoes, (about 8), cut in half
1 small head of cabbage
2 cups baby-cut carrots
1 cup small whole onions
1 corned beef brisket (3 to 3 1/2 pounds)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
In a 4-6 quart slow cooker:
1. Mix potatoes, carrots and onions.
2. Thoroughly rinse corned beef; discard seasoning packet. Place beef on vegetables; sprinkle with pepper.
3. Mix 1/2 cup water and the Worcestershire sauce; pour over beef.
4. Cut cabbage into 6-8 wedges and place on top of beef.
5. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
6. Remove beef and vegetables from slow cooker. cover to keep warm.
7. Pour juices from slow cooker into 1-quart saucepan; heat to boiling.
8. Mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
Serve sauce with beef and vegetables.
Prep time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 9 hrs.
Serves approx. 10
Happy St. Patricks Day!