Important Tips for Bands to Promote their Profile on fubar!
***Note if the links take you back to your home page, please copy and paste them into your browser.****
1. The first step is to set up your profile. Don’t do a half ass job. This site operates on real people who love to view and rate photos. Also, make sure to fill out information on your band. If you do not spend a little time pimping out your profile and customizing it, you will get less attention.
-Add photos! The more the better http://www.fubar.com/photoupload.php?albumid=0
-Add a skin that makes your profile look cool. http://www.fubar.com/myskins.php
-Add your Bands information. fubar operates on real people. The less info you have, the less attention you get. http://www.fubar.com/settings.php
-Update your privacy settings http://www.fubar.com/settings.php?tab=privacy I suggest linking to your facebook and twitter so it auto shares.
- Fill out your about me, interests, etc http://www.fubar.com/settings.php?tab=interests (you can use html code here)
-Make a salute! It sounds weird, but this will show you are legit and our members respect that.
http://fubar.com/why-is-making-a-band-salute-important/b342358-1156729 This shows salutes in action.
http://www.fubar.com/bible.php#make_salute This gives the dirty details on how to submit. .
2. Make sure to add your songs to your profile. This is a very critical element to the process. You want all your friends and fans to VOTE on your songs. This weighs heavily in factoring in who battles for the monthly 10k. You should be able to do this in your settings. http://www.fubar.com/settings.php
3. Make sure to engage the fubar community. People are cool here. You will be surprised on how much “fu love” you get. The members on fubar will add you as friends, fan you and vote on your music. The more you interact, the more you will build credibility as well as a loyal following. Fubar members will gift you bling and gifts to show their appreciation. This is part of the magic of the fu. Embrace it and you won’t be sorry. Add and rate the top members. This will go very far. Get their support and you have serious credibility. http://www.fubar.com/top_members.php
4. Make sure to accept your friend requests and acknowledge the users who are giving you attention. These members will have your back when it comes to your day to battle. fubar is a place that runs on giving love. Rating, likeing or simply saying hello will help you build your following here. When it comes to battling. You will need this.
5. Get your friends and family to come over and vote on your songs. Also, if you are battling, it is critical that you make sure they are helping you vote during your battle. This is a no brainer. Use the contact uploader. We don't spam people. You can set the controls in your Privacy settings.
6. More ways to promote your band on fubar! There are several FREE ways to self promote on fubar. The following should provide a cheat sheet.
7. Make sure to visit the Battle page and participate in the voting process. We have coded share functionality so you can share to all your favorite sites. The more people you bring here to vote on your videos and to help promote you, the better chance you have at winning the monthly 10k.
8. Use the contact uploaders! We are not a site that abuses this functionality. You have complete control of this. By uploading your fan base and friends you can blast out updates and help promote your profile on the site. This weighs heavily on who gets to battle at the end of the month.
9. Customize your account settings! There are a ton of options. Please take a moment and review http://www.fubar.com/settings.php
10. Connect your accounts to twitter and facebook! This will give you an extra edge when sharing content. The goal is to get as many people to vote on your songs as possible and to increase your friends and fans list. http://www.fubar.com/settings.php?tab=privacy
11. Add your mobiile phone settings to your bands phones and take photos when you are out and about. It's a simple email. Add it to your address book and you can email the address and it uploads automatically to your account. You can find it on the settings page. http://www.fubar.com/settings.php
12. Set your custom URL with your band name. This is essential to you being able to drop links to your band page. You can find this in your settings.
13. Ask a fubar member to make a salute for your band. This is a huge form of respect. They will feel honored if they like you. This salute will give you more credibility on the site. Also, make salutes for users. Sounds strange, but try and see how it works.
If you have any questions, please contact me at www.fubar.com/scrapper or if you cant get the links to work, please copy and paste them into your browser.