Parents and children's advocates please read and repost!
Recently, a very serious problem has been brought to the attention of several members of cafemom. It is a very heinous website called www.puellula.com. This website is a safe haven for pedophiles. The heading on their main page reads, "A Celebration of the Splendor of Little Girls". This website includes links to pictures, or "art" as they call it, of little girls, confessional blogs, a directory of resources for pedophiles (for "both boylovers and girl lovers, as well as anybody else looking for information about pedophilia and consensual child love"), as well as many other links. This site has a manifesto, stating demands to the government to legalize pedophilia.
The most disturbing, though, is a link to a page title Sugar and Spice that is specifically for little girls who have "fallen in love" with a pedophile. This site is set up to draw in little girls. It looks like any other fun little girly page. It tells girls that it is okay to be "in love" with an adult, and it is okay to have sex with an adult. A quote from the page: "Remember that information helps you to make the choices that are right for YOU. Don’t let other people think for you, YOU know yourself better than anybody else, so YOU should be the one to decide whom to love and how to use your mind and your body." It has a questions and answers section, downloads, and a page to links for more information.
If this information doesn't turn your stomach, hopefully what I'm about to say will. This website claims to be legal. There is even a link on their webpage to report them to authorities. Here is a quote from that page: "Are you outraged by what you have just been reading? Do you think that sites like this should be banned? Do you think that, despite the fact that there is nothing illegal on this site whatsoever, its creators should be locked up? Do you support severely curtailing the constitutionally guaranteed right to freedom of speech and the suspension of civil rights in the execution of draconian laws against law-abiding citizens whose worldview happens to be different than yours? If so, you are in good company! This site has already been reported numerous times to a number of law enforcement organizations including the FBI, the RCMP and Interpol. If you are undeterred by the fact that this site is already well-known within the law enforcement community and that it is in no way illegal, and you still want to do your civic duty and exercise your freedom of speech by denouncing the free speech of another citizen, let us help you. Here we have compiled a list of contacts for a number of law enforcement bodies that you might wish to contact. We have even included a form that will allow you to contact several of these agencies at once!"
People, I need your help. I am asking you to do at least one of a few things:
1) Please repost this bulletin. Maybe with the wide circulation that myspace provides, we can raise awareness, initiate outrage, and get this thing shut down. We fill out and pass on surveys, poems about killing pit bulls, etc. Don't you think this warrants the same kind of attention?
2) Report this site to cybertipline.com, and sign the petition at http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/493662088?ltl=1174125902. You can sign this as "anonymous" if you wish.
3) Make your local authorities aware of this website. Several moms on cafemom have alerted their local authorities and many have been very interested and grateful for the heads-up.
4) Contact your congressman and senator. Another disturbing fact about this site is, at the bottom of their page, they openly support Barack Obama for the presidential election. I am sure Mr. Obama would be very displeased to know of this, therefore I, as well as other moms, have already brought this to his attention. If we can get other senators and congressmen in the know, it very well could initiate talk and possibly action by our government.
5) Send this bulletin, or write your own, to your local media. Just as moms have caught the interest of their local authorities, they have also done so with their local news. Several moms have reported back that their news has hopped on board with this and followed up with research and interviews. This way parents without the resources we have with the internet and myspace can be made aware of this.
6) If the information that I have provided doesn't affect you to your core, then please go to this site so you can see for yourself what we are dealing with here. I guarantee you will be disgusted as much as I.
Again, I am asking for your help with this. If you have a daughter or son, a little sister or brother, niece or nephew, or even just know a child, then you are affected by this. These people are preying on these children. They say that this disgusting behavior is okay. It is not.
If you've made it this far through this bulletin, then I thank you for your time and attention. Just by reading this, you've helped me take one more step to my mission being accomplished. Please, if nothing else, pass this on